Last Updated on March 2, 2023 by Maria Kennedy
Tacos de cabeza meat are a very popular dish in Mexican cuisine. if you are not sure what type of meat is cabeza meat or how to prepare it before cooking, first read our article about what is cabeza meat.
Here is a simple tacos de cabeza recipe to make at home:
View this post on Instagram
- 1 lb cabeza meat (beef cheek meat is a common choice)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- Corn tortillas
- Toppings of your choice (such as cilantro, chopped onions, lime wedges, and salsa)
- Clean the cabeza meat thoroughly and remove any hair or debris. Cut into large pieces if necessary.
- In a large pot, add the cabeza meat, chopped onion, minced garlic, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper. Add enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 2-3 hours, or until the meat is tender and falls apart easily.
- Remove the meat from the pot and shred it using a fork or your hands.
- Heat the tortillas in a dry pan or on a griddle until they are warm and pliable.
- To assemble the tacos, place a spoonful of cabeza meat on each tortilla, then add your desired toppings.
- Serve the tacos immediately with lime wedges on the side.
Enjoy your delicious homemade tacos de cabeza meat!
You may also like:
9 Kinds of Mexican Meats for Meat Lovers
Best Wines to Pair with Mexican Food
Best Food Cities in Mexico
Very nice 👍
Thanks for sharing this