Last Updated on March 2, 2023
In the last few years, cauliflower has gained lots of popularity among health-conscious individuals thanks to the many benefits it guarantees for our bodies and minds. Not only does it satisfy those craving a low-carb cuisine, but it is equally packed with a variety of essential nutrients found in natural foods. Among all the different ways to cook this vegetable, making cauliflower rice is a very healthy an fun option.
You already know that consuming fruits and vegetables has been proven to minimize your chance of developing many adverse health conditions. Cauliflower, in particular, has been proven to reduce your risk of diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular diseases, and overall mortality. It also promotes a healthy complexion and gives an increase in energy.
View this post on Instagram
Benefits of Cauliflower
But cauliflower isn’t just limited to the above benefits. Other potential cauliflower benefits include:
It helps with digestion
Cauliflower is equally high in water and fiber, which are both important at preventing constipation, lowering the risk of colon cancer, and maintaining a healthy digestive tract.
Research has also proven that dietary fiber may equally help regulate your immune system and inflammation. This implies that it could help lower your risk of developing inflammation-related conditions, including diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular diseases as well as obesity.
A high-fiber intake has been associated with a lower risk of developing stroke, hypertension, coronary heart disease as well as certain gastrointestinal complications.
You may also enjoy: Vegan Tofu Pizza Recipe
It may help in weight loss
Cauliflower boasts lots of properties that may help with weight loss. First and foremost, it is important to mention that cauliflower is very low in calories, with only 25 calories per cup, implying that you can consume lots of it without gaining weight.
It can serve as a low-calorie substitute for high-calorie foods, such as flour and rice. Being a high source of fiber, cauliflower slows down digestion and promotes feelings of fullness. This may automatically help you minimize the number of calories you consume throughout the day, a highly important factor when it comes to weight loss.
High water content is another weight-cutting aspect of cauliflower. After all, nearly 92% of its content is made up of water. Consuming lots of water-dense, low-calorie foods is closely associated with weight loss.
View this post on Instagram
Cauliflower is also a great source of antioxidants
Cauliflower is a good source of antioxidants, which protect your body cells against the harmful free radicals that cause inflammation. It’s particularly high in glucosinolates as well as isothiocyanates, two types of antioxidants that have been proven to slow the growth of cancerous cells. In test-tube studies, these two chemicals are particularly protective against lung, colon, breast as well as prostate cancer.
It is also imperative to note that cauliflower contains flavonoid and carotenoid antioxidants, that boast anti-cancer effects and can also reduce the risk of other numerous illnesses.
This essential vegetable is filled with high amounts of vitamin C, which serves as an antioxidant. Vitamin C is well-known for its anti-inflammatory effects, which can boost immune health.
You may also enjoy: 7 Tips to Take Amazing Food Pictures When You’re Traveling
Cauliflower is high in Choline
Choline is a highly important and extremely versatile essential nutrient found in cauliflower that helps with muscle movement, sleep, and memory. It also helps maintain cellular membrane structure, the transmission of nerve impulses, reduces chronic inflammation, and also helps in the absorption of fat.
Even though choline has several functions in the body, one of its most important roles in the body is maintaining the integrity of cell membranes, supporting metabolism, and synthesizing DNA.
To continue the long list of benefits choline provides for the body; it is also involved in the production of neurotransmitters ideal for maintaining a healthy nervous system and prevents cholesterol from building up in your liver.
Individuals who don’t take sufficient choline may have an increased risk of developing both heart and liver diseases as well as neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. Not many food types contain choline. Broccoli, along with cauliflower, is one of the best organic sources of this important nutrient.
You have every reason to incorporate cauliflower into your diet. Whether it is mashed, roasted, or simply added to soups, you have potentially endless ways to cook cauliflower. However, cauliflower rice remains one of the most popular recipes, mostly because it’s extremely easy and super fast to prepare.
So, today in this post, we want to provide you with a ten-minute recipe on how to make cauliflower rice.
View this post on Instagram
Required ingredients For Cauliflower Rice
- One large head cauliflower
- One diced onion.
- Two minced cloves, garlic.
- One tablespoon of grated ginger.
- tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Two peeled, grated carrots.
- Two eggs.
- A half-cup of frozen corn.
- 5 ounces of chopped broccoli florets.
- One teaspoon of sodium salt.
- A teaspoon of black pepper.
- Juice of a lemon.
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Cauliflower Rice Recipe Instructions
- Thoroughly wash your cauliflower, before allowing it to dry, and remove all the green parts.
- If you have a box grater at your disposal, use it to cut the cauliflower into larger parts before using the medium-sized holes in your box grater to grate the medium sections into rice-like textures. And if you are using a food processor, you’ll first need to cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces and subsequently use the grater attachment to equally grate the cauliflower into rice.
- For the best results, I recommend transferring the rice into a paper towel and press the content to eliminate any excess moisture content. After this, transfer the dried cauliflower rice into a clean bowl. Once this is done, you can proceed with the cooking process.
- In a separate bowl, begin mixing the sesame oil, black pepper, and ginger.
- Using a cooking pan, gently heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil. Crush your two eggs and add them inside the pan and allow them to cook for two or three minutes. Allow your cooked eggs to cool and dice them into very small pieces.
- Using a different cooking pan, put the remaining one tablespoon vegetable oil inside and put it in medium heat. Add your onion, salt, garlic, and allow it to cook for two minutes until your onions assume a golden brown color. Put in carrots, broccoli, corn, stirring regularly for three minutes, ensuring the vegetables are tender.
- After this, include the cauliflower, sprinkle the lemon juice, and add your cooked eggs, and raise the intensity of the heat. Keep stirring constantly, ensuring the cauliflower is extremely tender.
- Serve immediately, when warm.
You may also enjoy: 20 Top Staple Foods From Around The World – Infographic
Cauliflower is an amazing food that you should totally be taking advantage of when you can! From its antioxidant properties and nutritional value to its variety of uses, it’s simply one of the best vegetables at our disposal. We hope that you can make the tastiest cauliflower rice from this recipe as well! And remember to leave a comment detailing your cauliflower rice experience!