Last Updated on February 21, 2023 by Maria Kennedy
The crispy, cheesy fish burger can be the best alternative for a great snack. And when you make it at home, it will be much healthier too. Make sure you use the best cheese for burgers available in your place and fresh fish on your cheese fish burger recipe.
As we all know, fish is an excellent source of protein with less fat. So, it will be the best option for you to make your kids eat more fish. I usually love making a crispy fish burger and add some hi melt cheese to make it more delicious, as all my family members love this dish.
Let me share you my easy homemade crispy and cheesy fish burger recipe so that you can start making it and impress your family.
Before starting my recipe if you are wondering about which fish to use, I usually prefer Salmon or tuna for making this recipe. But you can go with your taste.
View this post on Instagram
Fish fillets 1 piece
Egg 1 piece
All-purpose flour 50 gram
Cheese slice 2-3 slices
Breadcrumb 1 Cup
Vegetable oil 2 Tablespoon
Chilly powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder ½ tablespoon
Salt and black pepper To taste
hamburger buns 2 pieces
Mayo To taste
Butter 1 Tablespoon
View this post on Instagram
- First, let’s start with making seasoned flour by adding some spicy flavour. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder and black pepper as per the above instruction.
Note: Adding paprika will give a beautiful golden colour to your fish fillet.
- Crack open an egg in a bowl and whisk it properly
- Now, prepare your fish. To give your fish some pleasant crunchiness sound while eating your fish burger. First, you need to dip your fish into whisked egg and dunk into the seasoned flour. Dip again in the whisked egg and lastly, roll through the breadcrumbs.
Usually, I love to fry my fish first and give it a proper finishing touch with an oven. But if you want to avoid frying, drizzle a tablespoon of oil on a tray before baking.
- Now, Bake your fish for around 10 mins at 400 F, make sure your fish is cooked correctly. Check for the golden colour to ensure it’s cooked. You can add some slice of cheese on fish and bake for 1-2 mins (to melt the cheese), it’s up to you.
- Fry your burger bun for 2-3 mins in a medium hot fry pan using some butter
- Add some mayo and your favourite sauce in both buns and place you fish.
- Put 2-3 slice of cheese above your fish and cover it with a bun.
Note: If you need some topping for a burger you can go with your favourite topping, tomatoes, lettuce leaves, avocado and many more.
If you want to make your fish burger more cheesy, you can add some cheese sauce known as liquid cheese Australia.
Here you go! Your delicious cheesy fish burger is ready. Be careful before taking a bite; it might be too hot.
A burger filled with proteins, Cheers!!
About the Author:
Rosemary Kobe is a homemaker who loves to play with her two little twin-toddlers at her homes in Sydney & Melbourne. She is one of the greatest foodies in Australia experimenting with a lot of dishes at home and occasionally heads out in search for delicious burgers in Sydney or Melbourne. If you know one – let her know in the comments below.