Last Updated on March 2, 2023 by Maria Kennedy
Have you tried all Indian curry houses in your city and just can’t get enough Indian food? Right, it’s time for you to learn how to cook Indian food at home.
To start making your own Indian dishes, the first thing you should know is what are the main 4 spices you will need to cook any Indian dish. According to Michelin Stared Indian chef Vineet Bhatia, these are:
Turmeric, chili powder, ground coriander and ground cumin.
The infographic below by BBC Maestro visualizes how to cook and combine these powdered spices with other ingredients to cook some of the most delicious Indian dishes.
And if you want to learn more from the Maestro, you may want to consider enrolling for his Modern Indian Cooking online course.
These are just some of the delicacies you will learn how to cook like a professional Indian chef: ginger, garlic, red chilli and cashew nut pastes, herb and tomato chutneys, beetroot pachadi, spiced potatoes, malai broccoli, chicken tikka masala and keralan veg stir fry.
If you want to try Vineet Bhatia´s food, here is the list with his restaurants in service at the moment:
- KAMA by Vinet, located in Harrots, London, UK
- RASOI by Vineet, Geneva, Switcherland
- ZIYA Restaurant, Mumbai, India
- INDYA by Vineet, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- RASOI by Vineet, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
- MAHARAJA by Vineet, Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- MAHARAJA EAST by Vineet, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Rasoi by Vineet, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- AMARI by Vineet, Lux Belle Mare, Mauritius
You may also like:
5 of London’s Most Influential Food Instagrammers