Keurig Green Mountain is also known as a K-Cup. Its describes their single-serve brewing capsule. The foil-lined, ringed design designs K-Cup with a plastic cup. Now, there are more modified models exist. Those modified model reduce the plastic container but still use the plastic ring with a foil lid.
Key advantages of K-Cups:
- Impressive selection of blends, varietals, and flavored coffees.
- Lower-priced K-Cup compatible brands now exist.
- For most coffee drinkers, it brews a perfectly acceptable cup.
- Highly convenient, self contained capsules.
Key disadvantages of K-Cups:
- Generally higher priced than pods (especially more than regular brewed coffee!)
- Plastic cup, foil lid, and ring creates significantly more waste vs. pods.
- Some claim K-Cup coffee isn’t as flavorful as the soft pods.
Infographic via Qofia