Last Updated on June 2, 2023
Corn soufflé is a delicious, creamy and cheesy dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, a potluck, or simply want to enjoy a cozy night in, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings. In this post, we’ll be sharing a mouthwatering corn souffle recipe that is sure to become a new family favorite.
- 2 cans of corn (or 4 cups of fresh corn)
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Drain the corn and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs until they are frothy.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the melted butter, milk, and sour cream to the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Fold in the corn and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the corn souffle mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the souffle is cooked through.
- Let the souffle cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips for Success:
- To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend.
- If you prefer a spicier dish, add some diced jalapeños to the corn souffle mixture.
- You can use either fresh or canned corn for this recipe, depending on what is available to you.
- Be sure to fold in the corn and cheese gently to avoid deflating the souffle.
- Serve the corn souffle with a side salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
Why We Love This Recipe:
There are so many reasons why we love this corn souffle recipe. For one, it is incredibly easy to make and requires only a handful of ingredients. Additionally, the dish is versatile and can be served as a main course or a side dish. It is also a great way to use up any leftover corn you may have in your pantry.
Moreover, this corn souffle is a crowd-pleaser. The combination of creamy, cheesy, and slightly sweet flavors is irresistible, and it is sure to become a new family favorite.
In conclusion, this corn souffle recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves comfort food. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, you’ll find that this recipe is simple, straightforward, and delicious. So, go ahead and give it a try – we promise you won’t be disappointed!